Laurie Kain Hart
Laurie Kain Hart is Stinnes Professor of Global Studies in Department of Anthropology at Haverford College in Haverford, Pennsylvania. She holds a Master of Architecture from the University of California at Berkeley and a Ph.D. in anthropology from Harvard University. She has done fieldwork in Greece, and has written on local religious practice, on ethnic politics and border history, and on social segregation and architecture. Her most recent research is on population displacement and resettlement at the northwest borders of Greece, on the deconstruction of pluralist senses of place in post-war Bosnia-Herzegovina, and on spatial segregation in the urban Mediterranean. She is the author of Time, Religion and Social Experience in Rural Greece. Lanham, MD : Rowman and Littlefield, 1992. Other publications include :
- Broz, Svetlana. “Good People in an Evil Time : Portraits of Complicity and Resistance in the Bosnian War”. Edited with an introduction by Laurie Kain Hart. Trans. Ellen Elias-Bursac. New York, Other Press. 2004.
- Introduction : “To Endiapheron Sympheron tis Syngrousis” (“The interest of conflict.”) In : Christina Vlachoutsikou in cooperation with Laurie Kain Hart (eds), When Women have Differences-Oppositions and Conflicts between Women in Contemporary Greece, Athens : Medousa-Sellas. 2003.
- “Fate, the state, and the residue of chance : return from exile to northwest Greece.” State, Ancient and Modern. Eds. Chris Taylor, Angela Hobart and Bruce Kapferer. New York : Berghahn Press. In press, 2006.
- “Provincial Anthropology, Circumlocution, and the Copious Use of Everything .” In Anastasia Karakasidou and Fotini Tsimbiridou eds. Special Volume of the Journal of Modern Greek Studies : New Directions in Greek Anthropology. October, 2006.
- 2005 “How to do things with things : architecture and ritual in Northern Greece” In Greek Ritual Poetics. Eds. Dimitrios Yatromanolakis and Panayiotis Roilos, Harvard University Press. Pp 383-404.
- 2004 “Afterword : Space and Place.” Pp.183-196 in Stephan Feuchtwang, ed. Making Place in China : State Projects, Globalization, and local responses in China. London : University of London Press.
(Fiche mise à jour le 4 janvier 2006)